Throughout your life advance daily, becoming more skillful
than yesterday, more skillful than today. This is never-ending.
"But it is vulgar
and foolish to look down upon the ways of one’s own district
as being boorish, or to be even a bit open to the persuasion of
the other place’s ways and to think about giving up one’s own."
Our feelings go to one person for one lifetime. If this
is not so, it is the same as sodomy or prostitution
For this reason, although one would like to change today’s
world back to the spirit of one hundred years or more ago, it
cannot be done. Thus it is important to make the best out of
every generation. This is the mistake of people who are attached
to past generations. They have no understanding of this point.
When on the battlefield, if you try not to let others take
the lead and have the sole intention of breaking into the enemy
lines, then you will not fall behind others, your mind will become
fierce, and you will manifest martial valor. This fact has been
passed down by the elders. Furthermore, if you are slain in
battle, you should be resolved to have your corpse facing the
enemy.
In approaching for the attack he does not forget to
wait for the right moment. In waiting for the right moment he
never forgets the attack.
The man replied, “When I was a child, I once became suddenly
aware that a warrior is a man who does not hold his life
in regret. Since I have held that in my heart for many years, it
has become a deep conviction, and today I never think about
death. Other than that I have no special conviction.”
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten
Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.